Monday: 4 awesome miles on the treadmill followed by a killer NROLFW session
Tuesday: 7 miles hilly
Thursday: 14 LSD
Friday: 2 miles walking on 10% include; 10 minutes on the stair stepper and another NROLFW session
Total Miles: 27
Total days lifting: 2
Total cross training: 1
I'm pretty happy with my week, but I'm still wanting to up my mileage a little more. I know I shouldn't do this in haste, so I'll be a little more patient with myself ;)
Now on to zeh questions:
Mihkel and Melissa from 72runs wants to know:
- What is a flute retreat?? Like band camp for grown ups or am I missing something? Simply put, a flute retreat is like continuing education for my job. I teach private flute lessons, so these 'retreats' are essentially a time where I go observe other lessons, coach other younger flutists, perform in masterclasses myself (masterclass= lesson with a teacher that is open to the public), and attend pedagogy seminars and demonstrations.
- What's your 'must do' race? My one definite must do race is the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington, D.C. You can read why here =)
- What's your fave sweet snack? Is it something you bake yourself? (question inspired by fact that i'm eating a fudge pop right now haha) Oooh, fudge pop yum =) My favorite sweet snack would definitely be Publix chocolate chip cookies. I love them so much, every time we go down to Florida, we buy 3-4 dozen to bring back to Charlotte with us (we freeze most of them). For our wedding, we gave Publix chocolate chip cookies as our favors. Hands down, Publix makes THE BEST chocolate chip cookies in THE WORLD. You must go try them.
- Do you prefer big or small races and why? I haven't raced a whole lot, but I think I prefer big races. I'm definitely a person that feeds off the energy of others, and when the environment around me is pumped up, I'm excited! When there aren't a lot of people running next to me, I'm more tempted to walk (or not push myself as hard). The downside of big races is the higher level of stupidity. IQ levels tends to fall as the size of the group rises =)
And Meg from Watch MeGo Run posed:
- If you could run ANY race anywhere in the world (regardless of price, what it takes to get in, etc) what would it be and why? Well, like I said above, the Marine Corp Marathon ranks pretty high up there. But if I could chose anywhere in the world, I think it'd be pretty cool to run the Athens Marathon in Greece.
- How did you and hubs meet? I don't think you've talked about it before and if you have, I'm sorry! I don't talk about the hubs too much on here, so you're forgiven =) We met in college as freshmen. We both attended the same church and were both in the band program (for the first year, then I, being the more musically gifted one, advanced into the highest level of performing groups ;) ). Anyway, it took him three years to ask me out. That's right, our senior year of college when I had sworn him off (I might have had a secret crush on him for three years too) he asked me out to coffee. The rest is history =)
- Random, but what's your favorite movie of all time? What about book? Let's see, favorite movie... probably a toss up between 10 Things I hate About You and the really obscure movie, Playing By Heart. As for a favorite book, I like too many! I'm really not a hard reader to please. But I did have a favorite book growing up- Where the Red Fern Grows. We read it in grade school (3rd grade? Can't remember!) and I loved it so much, my teacher bought me a copy and inscribed the front page. I still have it sitting on my bookshelf!
Hope everyone had an awesome Monday!